Add Resume or Login
I thought you might be interested in the Medical Leader, Outpatient Community Health Practice job listed at The Phoenix Resource Group, Inc.. Just copy and paste the following link into your browser: http://www.hfluittandassociates.com/JobSeeker/Detail.aspx?jid=01947791&utm_source=Indeed&utm_medium=organic&utm_campaign=Indeed
Enter the number in the image to the right
Medical Leader, Outpatient Community Health Practice
Greater Hartford Market, CT
Add To My Jobs
View My Jobs
Send To Friend
We are Connecticut’s largest and only statewide Federally Qualified Health Center (FQHC) and the first FQHC in the state to be recognized as a level III Patient Centered Medical Home by the National Committee on Quality Assurance (NCQA). We are also one of the first organizations in the nation to receive PCMH distinctions by both the NCQA and the Joint Commission. Our mission is to provide high quality, comprehensive primary care services to patients who are underserved, marginalized or vulnerable, and our services reach over 130,000 patients in nearly all communities in Connecticut. We invite you to consider an outstanding opportunity for a physician leader at our largest site in central Connecticut.
This opportunity is extremely rewarding, both personally and professionally. In this role, you will be instrumental in the medical leadership of a dynamic, multicultural site with a staff of 100, including 18 medical and ancillary providers connected through a shared electronic health record and integrated system.
If you are a Family Physician or Internist, seeking a unique leadership position, which includes the expansion of a growing medical department, please take a few moments to consider our Medical Director Opportunity located in central CT.
Some core features of this exciting opportunity include:
• Office hours split between direct clinical care (50%) and leadership responsibilities (50%) including supervision of physicians, nurse practitioners and physician assistants, as well as ancillary providers in Podiatry, Nutrition and Chiropractic care
• Expanding an interdisciplinary care model with co-located behavioral health, nutrition services, diabetes education, dental services, Podiatry, Chiropractic care and telemedicine services
• Participation in formal leadership training programs designed for professional development and growth
• Clinical teaching opportunities in the nation’s first Nurse Practitioner Residency Program in Primary Care and concomitant faculty development
• Participation in quality improvement and research initiatives in partnership with the Weitzman center for Quality Improvement, one of the first Quality Institutes within an FQHC
• Participation in the recruitment, onboarding, and mentoring of new providers
• Development and collaboration as part of a larger Medical Director peer group
• Collaboration with the Site Director and Chief Medical Officer and participation in site and agency based leadership meetings and activities; additional collaboration with nursing, practice and financial leadership
• Serving a direct liaison to hospital and external entities as part of the care continuum
• Presence at the cutting edge of primary care and the intersection of clinical care delivery, quality improvement, research, technology and policy
• No inpatient responsibilities or OB call
We offer a competitive salary and full benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life, long-term disability, optional short-term disability and a 403b retirement fund. Generous paid time off and CME allowance. Additionally, the provider’s malpractice insurance is covered through the Federal Tort Claims Act (FTCA).
If you have a strong desire to make a difference in the community and significantly influence the quality of life of your patients, you will thrive at our agency. We are one of the country’s most creative and dynamic providers of primary medical, dental and mental health services to the uninsured and underinsured. We are building a world-class primary health care system that is committed to caring for special populations, and that is focused on improving health outcomes for our patients as well as building healthy communities. With more than 130,000 active patients, we are the health care home that works to keep our patients—and our communities—healthy.
More About the Position
40 Hours per Week
2+ to 5 years of experience
Management Experience Required - Yes
Minimum Education - Doctoral
Willingness to Travel - Occasionally
Salary and Benefits very attractive, and no worries on Malpractice insurance payments!
Copyright ® 2012, HFluitt & Associates, Inc.